Monday, February 28, 2011

A lighthouse in the mail..

A few days ago when I checked the mail, I was greeted by this envelope:


I had no idea what it could be (looking back now the word "light" should have been a hint) and I even thought it was junk mail.  Good thing I opened it because inside was this card:


It is a gorgeous card of Bodie Island Lighthouse in North Carolina (a post about our trip there will be coming soon).  I still had no idea who had sent it to me and upon opening it I was greeted with this message:


Now, don't worry, even though the postdate on the card is February 18th it isn't Mike's fault.  He ordered the subscription to Lighthouse Digest before Valentine's Day but it was after the point that I would get the February edition.  I should be receiving my first issue sometime this week!  He ordered the magazine from the Lighthouse Depot website. 

It was a great Valentine's Day gift!

1 comment:

  1. Nice gift..it's something that both of you can enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete